April 27, 2021
Teaching and Learning, Judaics/ Kodesh
- Jewish Interactive has launched its newest Ji Bytes series on Shavuot, with multimedia resources and hands-on activities for children ages 6 to 11.
- Pedagogy of Partnership with Hadar offers a Shavuot Reader.
- The Chagim Center of the WZO presents a trove of material on Shavuot, including sources, songs, activities, and stories from Zionist history.
- "Shavuot: Kindness Connects Us" from Pardes Center for Jewish Educators, along with their Shavuot Companion.
- Chabad’s Shavuot pages include children’s videos, stories, arts & crafts and recipes.
- PJ Library has curated a selection of articles, videos and even a Pinterest page with paper-cutting crafts.
- Among teachings at Hadar include Avi Killip’s “Baking for God: Shavuot as a Holiday of Transformation.”
- AJWS includes study sheets on the connections between Ruth, hunger and food aid.
- NFTY provides information, resources, social justice connections, and recipes.
- At Ayeka, Zvi Hirschfield reflects on the qualities required to receive the Torah.
- Aish gives ample resources for the holiday, including a video about Torah as the “Ultimate Love Letter.”
- Rabbi Jonathan Sacks Shavout message.