Purim resources that can be adapted for your school's needs. Purim Sameach
- Engage your learners with the Purim story through puppetry, create D’var Torahs inspired by the themes of the Megillah, learn the history of the hamantaschen, or create Purim programming adapted to neurodivergent learners from the Jewish Education Project.
- Alhatorah.org has an annotated English translation of Esther, Rashbam's commentary and the Ho'il Moshe's commentary.
- Sefaria's Purim texts
- Purim-related articles on MyJewishLearning include "Are Esther and Mordechai Buried in this Iranian Tomb?"
- 5 Fun Purim Projects from the JEP
- Rabotai, an a cappella group, has a Purim parody version of Girls Like You. And here are eight more Purim parodies.
- Pardes offers a Purim Holiday Companion, including topics such as “Vashti: Vixen or Victim?” and “How to Give, How to Receive--or Giving is Receiving.”
- The Lookstein Center features a Purim game that involves a meal with ancient Persian historical figures, called “A (Purim) Feast for the Mind”. Their Purim resources include lesson plans, videos and Purim skits.
- Here’s a brief, fascinating history of the Purim shpiel, “the only genuine folk theater that has survived a thousand years of European culture, and in our day has morphed and flourished.” And this article surveys some of the different kinds of shpiels performed among American Jews. (Dozens of video shpiels can be found on YouTube.)
- Adar family activities and print outs from Beit Keren Tali
- A new ritual for Purim is the Esther/Vashti flag.
- Looking for mishloach manot ideas? Here’s food for inspiration on from MyJewishLearning and eye candy on Pinterest.
- There are multiple sources and explanations for the popular custom of dressing up in costume on Purim. People look to Google searches to find trends in Purim costumes.
- Purim podcasts (Hadar), and three Purim games. Hadar's purim resources.
- "Why Read the Megillah Twice?" (Chabad.org)
- ART in Tanach
- Using Multiple Intelligence to Teach Megillat Esther
- Jteach Purim actitvities and resources
- Tracking Down Amalek, FBI Task Force
- Mental Health and Purim from the Blue Dove Foundation
For High Schools: Discussion about Drinking
- Purim and Drinking, by Debbie Ackerman PhD
- Biblical and Rabbinical Positions on the Use and Abuse of Wine on Purim
- A Time for Spiritual Sobriety, The Rav on Purim by Dr. Moshe Sokolow, Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration