As the premier search consultants for Jewish schools, we marshal our extensive knowledge and experience in over 150 day school leadership placements to help your school optimize its search committee, identify and recruit a high-quality pool of candidates, conduct a transparent and thorough search process, and bring on board an exceptional leader who is an outstanding fit for the school. We support your school every step of the way.
Our Smart Search process consists of seven stages. Each step is performed in close partnership with your search committee and executive board.
- Lay the groundwork for a successful search by establishing a timeline for the search, optimizing the search committee, and preparing a communications strategy.
- Conduct a full needs assessment to generate a sense of buy-in and trust and learn about your school from various stakeholders.
- Collaboratively define the opportunity and develop an ideal candidate profile which will be used to strategically market your school and the chance to lead it.
- Implement strategic recruitment practices to attract the best candidates for the position.
- Design and support a thorough and robust interview and smart selection process to identify the best candidate.
- Create a fair and competitive compensation package to be offered to the finalist.
- Design on-boarding structures and plan transition activities that will ensure the new leader’s success in the first year and beyond.