Resources for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur 5781/2020
September 23, 2020
- The National Library of Israel has printable pages, you can explore how Yom Kippur is marked in different time sand places throughout Jewish history. Reflect on how these observances and ceremonies compare to your own, while solving some curious puzzles.
- Printable Yom Kippur activity book for kids
- Members of Prizmah’s Rituals from Afar Reshet compiled an inspiring list of activities and questions.
- JTeach gives lessons and activities on the Yamim Nora’im and many other topics.
- Elul Unbound offers weekly thoughts and activities.
- The Jewish Education Project presents “16 Online Resources to Support Your High Holiday Curriculum.”
- Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies Elmad offers a new Rosh Hashanah Companion.
- Jewish Interactive has created toolkits with numerous resources for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- Hadar has created a page with resources for the Chaggim, including a reader called Connection Points.
- The WZO’s Chagim Center presents information on all of the Jewish and Israeli holidays.
- Among the resources on YUTorah is a lesson by Rabbi Shay Schachter, “Toppling Monuments and Reckoning with a Difficult Past.”
- A COVID reflection on Aish.com for the Holidays is “Masks and How We Relate to Others” by Sarah Rudolph.
- Yeshivat Maharat’s page of divrei Torah on the holidays includes Alana Suskin’s “The Three Mothers of Rosh Hashanah.”
- Myjewishlearning.org offers a handy list of Rosh Hashanah customs for the home, from Rabbi Jill Jacobs.