Resources for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
Teaching and Learning
High Holidays - Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur
- PJ Library has activities and lessons for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- The Blue Dove Foundation presents mental health resources for the High Holidays.
- This year's Hadar High Holiday reader is called Zokhreinu L'Hayyim: Memory and Promise.
- Be'chol Lashon High Holiday resources that reflect global Jewish diversity.
- Hadar's Rising Song Institute offers Nigunim Nora'im: Songs for Days of Awe.
- Jewish Interactive has created toolkits with numerous resources for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- Momentum creates play and learn cards for Rosh Hashanah.
- The Orthodox Union has a new video: "Rosh Hashanah: All Bets Are Off."
- The Jewish Agency provides educational resources for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- The National Library of Israel has printable pages, you can explore how Yom Kippur is marked in different times and places throughout Jewish history. Reflect on how these observances and ceremonies compare to your own, while solving some curious puzzles.
- Printable Yom Kippur activity book for kids.
- Members of Prizmah’s Rituals from Afar Reshet compiled an inspiring list of activities and questions.
- JTeach gives lessons and activities on the Yamim Nora’im and many other topics.
- Elul Unbound offers weekly thoughts and activities.
- Avodah has compiled "Transformative Teshuvah: a High Holiday Resource For a More Just World."
- The Jewish Education Project presents “16 Online Resources to Support Your High Holiday Curriculum.”
- Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies Elmad offers a Rosh Hashanah Companion.
- The WZO’s Chagim Center presents information on all of the Jewish and Israeli holidays.
- A COVID reflection on Aish.com for the Holidays is “Masks and How We Relate to Others” by Sarah Rudolph.
- Yeshivat Chovevei Torah with Maharat created a Machzor Companion 2020.
- The Lookstein Center's High Holiday Resource page.
- Myjewishlearning.org offers a handy list of Rosh Hashanah customs for the home, from Rabbi Jill Jacobs.
- Lessons on tefillot from Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur from Sefaria.