COVID-19 School Governance Additional Resources and Webinar Recordings
June 03, 2020
Coronavirus, Board-Head of School Partnership
- Details on the Jewish Community Impact Fund
- Video: Responding to COVID-19 The role of the CEO and board chair in a crisis
- FAQs: How Nonprofits and Board Members Can Respond to COVID-19 CRITICAL Q and A for Your Board
- Show up: Your Role as a Board Member During a Pandemic
- Meet and engage: Now is not a time to cancel your board meetings. Consider reframing them as "Brainstorming Sessions." Gather together to support one another, engage your board in a plan of action to build relationships, and identify the stories you want to tell to be the best advocates you can be for your school. Here is a toolkit on Virtual Meetings.
- Podcast: Mastering Crisis Management: How To Stay Ahead Of The Curve. This episode covers how heads and boards can approach crisis communication effectively and how to change parent expectations in the face of crisis.
- Communicating through the Coronavirus crisis: Communicate early and often throughout the crisis. Be honest and open to maintain credibility. An article by Harvard Business Review.
- Crisis Communications: Four things your board needs to know from BoardSource
- 5 Steps the Best Boards are Taking Right Now
To see more resources, check out our main coronavirus page.