Shared School Materials
This folder contains
- virtual learning schedules, communications and plans
- school surveys
- preparation letters
- parent teacher conferences
- development resources and communications
- coronavirus documents and more.
If you would like to add your school's letter please upload into the folder and or e-mail Debra Shaffer Seeman.
Head of School Weekly Check In
Head of Small Schools Weekly Check-in
Heads of ECD-12 Schools Connect
Admission Professionals Bi-weekly Check-ins
Admission Professionals Bi-weekly Check-ins for Small Schools
Development Professionals Bi-weekly Check-ins
Director of Technology Weekly Check-In
Judaic Administrator Bi-weekly Check-in
Physical Education Teachers Connect
Rituals from Afar Series
We offer Reshet groups for school professionals and board members where connection and sharing happen. Learn more here.
back to school
- Updated CDC School Reopening Guidance
- Reopening Our Workspaces: A Playbook by LeadingEdge
- Back to Business: A Jewish Community Guide for Reopening Facilities and Resuming Operations in the Age of COVID-19, July 2020 from Secure Community Network
Teaching and Learning
Concurrent Teaching- In Person & Online
- How to Teach When Everyone is Scattered by Cult of Pedagogy
- 4 tips for optimizing-concurrent-classrooms, a Forbes.com article
- How Do I Teach Online and In Person at the Same Time? Your Questions, Answered from WeAreTeachers.com
- The Concurrent Classroom: Using Blended Learning Models to Teach Students In-person and Online Simultaneously by Catlin Tucker
- Concurrent Hybrid Courses Teaching face-to-face and remote students simultaneously from the instructional innovations blog.
- Articles and resources from the Marshall Memo for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Best Practices in Online Pedagogy from Harvard University
- Preparing for a Hybrid Learning Program
- Rituals from Afar: Outdoor Education
- Back to school resource hub for teachers from Albert
- Book recommendation: Learning Online: What Research Tells Us About Whether, When and How by Barbara Means, Marianne Bakia and Robert Murphy.
- Teaching Strategies of Award Winning Online Instructors from Edutopia
- Prizmah curated Online Jewish Studies learning options
Additional resources and webinar recordings - Teaching and Learning
Social and Emotional Learning – Mental Health
- COVID 19 Back to School: Social Emotional Resources curated by Prizmah
- Stress in America 2020, A National Mental Health Crisis by the American Psychological Association
- SEL checklist of returning to school, a project of CHAI Lifeline
- Reunite, Renew, and Thrive: Social and Emotional Learning Roadmap for Reopening School by CASEL, July 2020
- SEL resources for returning to school 2020 by Dr. Bin Goldman
- Trends in Mental Health Issues Now and Tomorrow (Week of May 11-15, 2020)
- Trends in Supporting our Faculty and Staff ( Week of April 27-May 1, 2020)
- How to Teach Social-Emotional Learning When Students Aren't in School from EdWeek
- Recognizing signs of distress in our children from Ohel
pulse survey reports
- Fall 2020 Planning: Second Pulse Survey Results August 2020
- Fall 2020 Scenario Planning Survey Report May 2020
Enrollment, Development, Finance and Budget
- How We Increased Enrollment Inquiries During Remote Learning: Lessons from The Leffell School Admissions Office a webinar on 8/13/20
- Making Fundraising Work: A Guide for Small School Development in a Pandemic, a webinar on 6/3/20
- Trends in enrollment and finance during COVID-19
- Information about the SBA loan in the CARES Act
- Temporary wage subsidy for Canadian schools
- Many Hebrew Free Loan Societies in the US and Canada are offering interest free loans to those affected by Coronavirus. Please check with your local Hebrew Free Loan Society for more information.
- New York City Hebrew Free Loan
- Toronto Jewish Free Loan
- NJ State Assembly passed a bill to establish a remote learning device grant and package to help schools sanitize facilities.
Additional resources and webinar recordings - Enrollment, Finance and Budget
- Governance and Crisis: A Board's Role
- What we're hearing from the field By Leading Edge, JPRO Network, UpStart and Board Member Institute for Jewish Nonprofits
- The time to plan is now By Rabbi Jim Rogozen
- What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation from BoardSource.
Additional resources and webinar recordings - School Governance
- Information on using Zoom for distance learning.
- ZOOM Meetings: Intrusion Prevention Domain & Account Settings by Rabbi Avi Bloom - Director of Technology - SAR High School
- Asynchronous learning options
- 5 steps to stay focused while teaching online
- Video on designing online learning for success with Rae Ringel & Brian Tarallo. Covers designing online learning, adjusting from in-person instruction, connecting personally, keeping the learning interactive, and how to make the numbers work for you.
Additional resources and webinar recordings - Educational Technology
Previous Webinar recordings and resources
- Rituals from Afar and Judaic Administrator Check In Notes
- Heads of School and Heads of Small Schools Check In Notes
- Space: Your Most Valuable Asset with Hila Stern Bornstein on 7/8/20
- Clarity and Courage in a Time of Uncertainty with Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks on 3/31/20
- Q&A with Dr. Stephen Goldstein, Coronavirus Research Scientist hosted by Westchester Day School on 3/18/20
- Coronavirus and the Jewish Community: Responses from the Field hosted by Jewish Funders Network on 3/18/20 with Prizmah CEO Paul Bernstein.
- Crowdsourcing: Q&A with Heads of School on 3/13/20
- Keeping Calm and Staying Healthy in the Face of Coronavirus on 3/3/20