Coronavirus COVID-19 Guidance
Shared School Materials
Jewish Community Impact Fund
Enrollment, Finance and Budget
Social and Emotional Learning
Teaching and Learning
Shared School Materials
This folder contains
- virtual learning schedules, communications and plans
- school surveys
- preparation letters
- parent teacher conferences
- development resources and communications
- coronavirus documents and more.
If you would like to add your school's letter please upload into the folder and or e-mail Debra Shaffer Seeman.
Weekly Support Call for Heads of School
12 - 1pm ET / 9 - 10am PT
Weekly Support Call for Heads of Small Schools
3 - 4pm ET / 12 - 1pm PT
Weekly Support Call for Tech Administrators
11:30 - 12:30pm ET / 8:30 - 9:30am PT
We offer Reshet groups for school professionals and board members where connection and sharing happen. Learn more here.
- Updated CDC School Reopening Guidance
- Reopening Our Workspaces: A Playbook by LeadingEdge
- Back to Business: A Jewish Community Guide for Reopening Facilities and Resuming Operations in the Age of COVID-19, July 2020 from Secure Community Network
- Boldly Reimagining What is Possible: Returning, Reimagining and Revamping by Education Elements
- School Buildings and Social Distancing: A Downloadable Guide by EdWeek
- Scenario Planning for a Post Pandemic Future webinar by the Jewish Funders Network on June 10, 2020.
- School Schedules: COVID-19 Friendly Options webinar on June 4, 2020
- Fall 2020 Scenario Planning Survey Report
- Scenario planning worksheet to aid school leaders in scenario planning
- Schedules Advantages and Disadvantages: Planning Ahead - Fall 2020
- The Top Questions School Leaders Are Asking Around Scenario Planning During COVID-19
- Back to school guide with FAQ from the Fisher Philips law firm
Jewish Community Response and Impact Fund
- Details on the Jewish Community Response and Impact Fund
- Emergency Funding for Tuition Assistance
- Video, notes and slide deck from Jewish Community Response and Impact Fund Webinar on 5/13/20
Enrollment, Development, Finance and Budget
- Making Fundraising Work: A Guide for Small School Development in a Pandemic, a webinar on 6/3/20
- Trends in enrollment and finance during COVID-19
- Information about the SBA loan in the CARES Act
- Temporary wage subsidy for Canadian schools
- Many Hebrew Free Loan Societies in the US and Canada are offering interest free loans to those affected by Coronavirus. Please check with your local Hebrew Free Loan Society for more information.
- New York City Hebrew Free Loan
- Toronto Jewish Free Loan
- NJ State Assembly passed a bill to establish a remote learning device grant and package to help schools sanitize facilities.
Additional resources and webinar recordings - Enrollment, Finance and Budget
- Governance and Crisis: A Board's Role
- What we're hearing from the field By Leading Edge, JPRO Network, UpStart and Board Member Institute for Jewish Nonprofits
- The time to plan is now By Rabbi Jim Rogozen
- What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation from BoardSource.
Additional resources and webinar recordings - School Governance
Social and Emotional Learning – Mental Health
- SEL checklist of returning to school, a project of CHAI Lifeline
- Reunite, Renew, and Thrive: Social and Emotional Learning Roadmap for Reopening School by CASEL, July 2020
- SEL resources for returning to school 2020 by Dr. Bin Goldman
- COVID 19 Back to School: Social Emotional Resources
- Trends in Mental Health Issues Now and Tomorrow (Week of May 11-15, 2020)
- Trends in Supporting our Faculty and Staff ( Week of April 27-May 1, 2020)
- How to Teach Social-Emotional Learning When Students Aren't in School from EdWeek
- Recognizing signs of distress in our children from Ohel
Teaching and Learning
- Book recommendation: Learning Online: What Research Tells Us About Whether, When and How by Barbara Means, Marianne Bakia and Robert Murphy.
- Teaching Strategies of Award Winning Online Instructors from Edutopia
- Prizmah curated Online Jewish Studies learning options
- A resource from Sacred Spaces for youth serving organizations who are temporarily moving their programming online. Protocols for safeguarding children and teens in online programming.
- Trends in Assessments and Grading (Week of April 20-26, 2020)
Additional resources and webinar recordings - Teaching and Learning
- Information on using Zoom for distance learning.
- ZOOM Meetings: Intrusion Prevention Domain & Account Settings by Rabbi Avi Bloom - Director of Technology - SAR High School
- Asynchronous learning options
- 5 steps to stay focused while teaching online
- Video on designing online learning for success with Rae Ringel & Brian Tarallo. Covers designing online learning, adjusting from in-person instruction, connecting personally, keeping the learning interactive, and how to make the numbers work for you.
Additional resources and webinar recordings - Educational Technology
Previous Webinar recordings and resources
- Heads of School Weekly Call
- Heads of Small Schools Weekly Call
- Space: Your Most Valuable Asset with Hila Stern Bornstein on 7/8/20
- Clarity and Courage in a Time of Uncertainty with Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks on 3/31/20
- Q&A with Dr. Stephen Goldstein, Coronavirus Research Scientist hosted by Westchester Day School on 3/18/20
- Coronavirus and the Jewish Community: Responses from the Field hosted by Jewish Funders Network on 3/18/20 with Prizmah CEO Paul Bernstein.
- Crowdsourcing: Q&A with Heads of School on 3/13/20
- Keeping Calm and Staying Healthy in the Face of Coronavirus on 3/3/20