Asynchronous Learning Options
Coronavirus, Teaching and Learning
Network to Learn
- Web-based screencast video platform.
- Free for education.
- Edpuzzle is an easy-to-use platform allowing you to engage every student, one video at a time. Get to know more about us below.
- embed questions for check for understanding in video content that exists.
- Video lesson creation tool that lets teachers embed multiple assessment types and track student understanding
- Explain Everything
- Teach, present, sketchnote, create videos, and work together, all in Explain Everything – the complete online and mobile whiteboard app
- For touch devices
- Free access for k-12
- Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that brings engagement and fun to 1+ billion players every year at school, at work, and at home. Sign up for free
- YouTube brand Channel
- to create a shared YouTube channel (need outside email - not ed).
- More than 12 million people use Screencastify to easily record, edit, and share videos. Try it out and see what the hype's about.
- not free (like Loom)
- Kami is the leading PDF & document annotation app for schools. Improve engagement and interaction in the classroom with Kami as your digital pen and paper
- Google Tools
- Hevruta (assign classes)
- Work with our team to improve pedagogy for teaching Jewish texts, and to foster a more innovative spirit within the community of Jewish educators.
- Used by millions of students in every grade and subject area, WeVideo empowers every learner to discover their voice and make an impact in their world. Our platform promotes deeper learning while making it fun and easy for students to express their ideas with creativity and authenticity.
- iMovie level simplicity
- Teachers’ own lessons with their face on the screen. (because it is based in Israel, they have Hebrew Language and Jewish topics)
- BrainPOP is here to help you and your curious learners stay informed and on-track with free access during school closures.
- Book Creator
- Book Creator is a simple tool for creating awesome digital books. Create your own teaching resources or have your students take the reins.
- Demonstrate and share learning
- Seesaw helps educators engage all learners, transform family engagement, and save time.
- AJA is using as well
- Whether your school is teaching through a closure or building plans to prepare, we’re here to help you ensure that learning doesn’t stop. We’re offering free access to Newsela’s entire product suite for the rest of the 2019/2020 school year.
- Assign articles and quizzes. Science, math, tech, english, social studies.
- VHS Learning-Online Judaic Studies Courses (OJSC)
- 20 Judaic studies courses that can be used entirely online or in a blended model
- Learning platform and consultation services also available: https://vhslearning.org/online-learning-during-school-closures