Prizmah and Yeshiva University's Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education and Administration (AGS) present a Guidance Counselor Certificate Program. This 6-month ONLINE program provides an opportunity for guidance counselors from Orthodox yeshiva day schools to convene, learning from experts in the field of mental health and wellness, collaborating on best practices, and developing a community of practice together.
Through this program you will:
- Advance your knowledge and skills in mental health and wellness promotion
- Participate in a cohort of trusted colleagues who can serve as resources and supports
- Engage in a robust, relevant series of presentations on guidance-related issues that is uniquely aligned with the mission and experience for Orthodox Jewish day schools
- Receive certification from Prizmah and Yeshiva University that recognizes the commitment of the participants who complete the program
- Receive materials and resources to use with your stakeholders: students, teachers, parents, and beyondAdvance your knowledge and skills in mental health and wellness promotion
In our ten sessions, participants will hear from experts in the field; discuss approaches, challenges, and concerns; and leave with resources and information to help them foster improved emotional and psychological health in their schools and beyond. Between online sessions, participants will share ideas, resources, and questions in a private online reshet group. where all discussions will remain confidential.
Topics to cover include: anxiety, depression, body image, eating disorders, bullying, positive psychology, and more.
As of now, we have schools from LA, PA, GA, NJ, NY, and IL participating and we only have room for a few more people to join this first cohort.
The collaborative will be led by Mrs. Rachel Levitt Klein Dratch, Associate Director of Educational Innovation at Prizmah and by Rona Novick, PhD, a clinical psychologist and dean of the Azrieli Graduate School. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon culmination, participants will receive a certificate of completion from Yeshiva University and Prizmah, access to experts in the field, and a cohort of professionals to support one another.
Each participant will pay $800 for the course. If a school sends more than one person, they will pay $600 per person.
Dates are December 2019 - June 2020