what it is
Launched in 2012, Generations is an intensive endowment-building program that transforms school budgets through the cultivation and solicitation of outright and legacy gifts to a school’s endowment. To date, Generations schools have raised over $109 million in endowment funds, nearly 50% received as cash gifts.
Day school endowment funds are critical for securing our Jewish future. For Jewish day schools, endowment funds play a key role in:
- stabilizing tuition costs
- ensuring that present-day investments are secured in perpetuity
- offering donors influence beyond their lifetimes
- avoiding the annual scramble to make budget
- providing outstanding Jewish and secular education to more families
- investing in cutting-edge curriculum and program excellence
- becoming more competitive with independent schools
- creating enhanced funding opportunities for donors
- delivering an attractive alternative to committed donors with cash limitations
Key program features include:
- a transformational 24-month program, generously subsidized by The AVI CHAI Foundation
- skill development for a school team comprised of head of school, director of development, board chair, and a development or endowment chair
- 76 hours of customized coaching
- two in-person conferences and three virtual trainings
- a proven structure with incentive grants for meeting benchmarks
Who it is for
This program is designed for schools that are able to ensure the participation of a head of school (with no upcoming transition), a board of trustees committed to focusing on endowment efforts, and a designated development professional. Success in this program is contingent upon there already being a stable financial and enrollment landscape in place.
HOW it benefits your school
Generations will provide your school with the tools and training to integrate endowment development into your multi-campaign, strategic development plan. You will gain access to Prizmah professionals, specialized development coaches, and renowned trainers. Our specialists, who possess vast experience in program management and a proven track record, will guide your school on the path to financial sustainability.
The following projections are typical for participating schools:
- After 24-months of Generations coaching, training, and program support, your school is expected to raise an endowment fund valued at $4,000 per enrolled student (comprised of approximately 50% in cash gifts and 50% in legacy gifts).
- After 10 years of continued, active endowment and legacy solicitations, your school can anticipate raising $10,000 per student, placing it in the top 25% of all independent schools, and yielding a significant income stream.
- Your professionals and lay leaders will acquire critical prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship skills.
- Your donors and school will receive recognition, as desired, through Prizmah’s national donor recognition program, L’Dor V’Dor, for their unique role in ensuring your school’s future.
Most of all, participants will connect with engaged peers across North America who share in a commitment to endowment fund development.
Full price per school: $73,000
The AVI CHAI Foundation Subsidy: -$36,500
Net price per school: $36,500*
Benchmark incentive: -$8,000
Net price after incentive: $28,500*
*The cost of the program is payable over two years.
how to get started
In order to assist you with the application process, click here for a PDF version of the application. Please note: this PDF is for reference purposes only. The application link is above and will need to be completed online.