After an extraordinary two years apart, come together with heads of school from across North America for three days of deep connection, powerful learning, and meaningful pause. This intentionally-designed experience will allow you to engage in hands-on and collaborative learning - taking advantage of the first opportunity to gather in-person with day school colleagues in two years. Together with your peers, you will dive into your role leading and maintaining the culture of your school, and zoom out to think about your work in a broader context.
The Head of School Retreat will give you space to strengthen and renew connections with colleagues, take a breath, and nourish your spirit with inspirational learning and meaningful conversations. With this time for rejuvenation will come opportunities for educational collaboration and innovation that will help grow your practice and enrich your school community.
We anticipate that we will be able to safely gather in person in February 2022. We will be following CDC guidelines, and will ensure that safety protocols are followed. If we are unable to welcome everyone, we will develop alternate ways to engage with colleagues.
On Monday afternoon and evening, the Head of School Retreat will overlap with the Day School Investor Summit. As two key leadership groups in the field, heads of school and day school investors share intersecting goals and needs. This unique opportunity to gather will create a space for heads, philanthropists, and community leaders to collaborate to propel Jewish day schools and yeshivas forward. The Head of School Retreat will continue on Tuesday and Wednesday after the Investor Summit ends.
Prizmah gatherings are designed by day school leaders, for day school leaders - and we intend the Head of School retreat to be reflective of your emergent needs. In order for both of those things to be true, we want you to be a part of the process. Here are two ways that you can get involved:
- Share Your Ideas: Portions of the program will be peer-led. On the registration form, you will be able to volunteer to facilitate and propose topics for working groups and collaboratives.
- Join the Think Tank: We are looking for a group of heads to join in the retreat design process. This group will advise the Prizmah team on the program design, and help to check our assumptions and blind spots. If you would like to build the retreat together with us, please email Daniel Infeld.
Retreat Goals and Program Overview
- Feel connected to the community of Jewish day school and yeshiva heads
- Feel that your own professional needs are supported
- Feel nourished, inspired, and valued for your work as a head of school
- Take time for yourself as a professional, and experience meaningful pause
- Connect, learn, ideate, and iterate with colleagues from across the field
- Be appreciated - from the Jewish community as a whole, from Prizmah, from your colleagues, and from your school community
- Experience high-level learning with compelling and creative faculty, oriented towards emergent needs from the field
- Examine how you lead the creation and maintenance of your school’s culture - and how school culture expresses itself throughout your school community
- Discover new ideas and approaches with your peers
The Head of School Retreat will begin midday on Monday, February 7, and will end midday on Wednesday, February 9. A full schedule will be available when registration opens in October.
Hotel and Travel Information
The Head of School Retreat will take place at
W Fort Lauderdale Hotel
401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304
Prizmah is able to offer a subsidized rate of $299 per night, plus tax, for heads of school. There are a limited number of rooms available at this rate, and they are available on a first come, first served basis until January 4, 2022. This rate is only available for rooms reserved for Monday, February 7th and Tuesday, February 8th. If you choose to extend your reservation pre- or post-event, the room rate will be higher for the nights that you extend. Hotel rooms can be reserved when you register for the retreat.
Staying at the hotel means you’ll be able to make the most of your time and focus on making connections with fellow participants — early in the morning, late at night, and throughout the full retreat.
The W Fort Lauderdale hotel is located 15-20 minutes by car from Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport.