What it is
Prizmah has partnered with BoardSource, the most recognized name in nonprofit governance expertise, to bring the Jewish day school field customized packages for assessing and improving board governance and performance. Thanks to The AVI CHAI Foundation, we are able to offer these packages at a subsidized rate.
These services feature a Board Self-Assessment tool (BSA), that will:
- lay the foundation for setting board development priorities
- motivate board members, individually and collectively, to strengthen the board's governance practices
- establish a common understanding of board roles and responsibilities
- measure a board’s performance based on recognized roles and responsibilities
- serve as a starting point for transformative change throughout the school
who it is for
Jewish day school lay leaders looking to strengthen their board’s governance capacity to ensure a thriving school.
why we offer it
A great Jewish day school depends on sophisticated and effective governance. Your board works to ensure the school's future. Just as your administration and faculty benefit from professional development, nurturing the growth of your lay leaders in this way will strengthen your school’s ability to deliver a high-quality education.
Good board development will start from a place of understanding your strengths and your challenges. Assessing performance is the most effective way to lay the foundation for helping your board members understand their duties and implement good governance practices.
how to get started
Enrollment for Board Fitness is now open for the 2018-2019 academic year.
If you are interested in Board Fitness, please contact Traci Stratford.
- BoardSource’s acclaimed Board Self-Assessment tool (BSA), customized for Jewish day schools
- A presentation highlighting your board's self-assessment results, designed to share your self-assessment results with your full board
- A BSA benchmark report to measure your board’s performance in relation to other independent schools
- A one-year BoardSource membership that offers access to comprehensive member resources, reduced pricing for publications, and complimentary webinars and tools
- Coaching and Board Development Facilitation with BoardSource-certified Prizmah coaches, which includes identification of priority areas and suggestions for the development of an action plan, as well as guidance on strategic next steps. The three levels of engagement are:
- Level I: 1 hour consultation (virtual)
- Level II: half day in-person board development facilitation (up to four hours), consisting of a deep-dive on priority areas, direct instruction, and facilitated conversation
- Level III: full day in-person board development facilitation, or half day plus three hours of follow-up coaching
*Please note the cost of travel and lodging for the consultant’s onsite work is not included. Schools will be billed separately for this expense.
**Learn more about the offerings and benefits of joining the Prizmah Network here.
Is this service close, but not quite exactly what your school needs? We get it. No two schools are completely alike, which is why we are committed to customizing this to accommodate your school's specific reality and budget. Contact Traci Stratford to learn more.
This program is offered in partnership with: