In light of recent events targeting Israel, Jewish organizations should ensure basic cybersecurity measures are in place, and staff should exercise additional situational awareness and precautions related to potential suspicious or malicious emails. See cybersecurity guidance in the Resource section below for additional guidance.
Warning on Online Depictions or Graphic Violent/Disturbing Content
In addition, in light of statements by Hamas and affiliates of their intent to livestream and/or repost acts of violence—as they have already done—along with the proliferation of posts and videos of murdered civilians and hostages being captured, paraded, and held in Gaza, SCN recommends individuals to consider limiting exposure to platforms that could be used to post such content, particularly amongst vulnerable and underage populations.
- Social Media Awareness - Secure Community Network (SCN)
- Low-Cost/No-Cost Security Measures for Jewish Facilities - Secure Community Network (SCN)
- Civil Unrest - Facility Preparedness - Secure Community Network (SCN)
- Outdoor Services and Events - Secure Community Network (SCN)
- Suspicious Activity Reporting: Indicators and Examples - Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Recognize the Signs of Terrorism-Related Suspicious Activity - Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Cyber Security Checklist - Secure Community Network (SCN)
- How to Spot a Phishing Scam - Secure Community Network (SCN)
- Prizmah School Security Resources